Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Why Do I Like the Quilter’s Planner?

In my last post I told you about my purchase of The Quilter’s Planner and promised I would post what I like about it. Well, here it is. The Quilter’s Planner is 240 pages cram packed with ways for you to organize your quilty life.

First, I like that it is spiral bound. It opens out really flat so you can see two pages. You can also fold it so that only one page is visible, which takes up less table space. It includes a laminated cover and nice tabs separating each section of the planner.
I really like the calendar. There is a full month at a glance with nice, big boxes for each day.

On these full-month calendar pages there is a reminder about the block of the month (included with the planner). There are also places to write out Monthly Goals, list Personal Projects, and list Quilting Projects. Space to write out notes and a bit of graph paper (to do a bit of doodling if you want) are at the bottom of the pages.

Each week is shown in detail. For each week of the month, there is a “Habit Tracker” and spaces for a weekly Personal To-Do List, Quilting To-Do List, Shopping List, and Notes. As you can see, I have a retreat coming up.
You may have noticed the stickers on the full calendar page. There are lots of cool stickers included—4 pages of them by Artist Alison Glass. I LOVE them (although they didn’t include enough “Quilt Retreat” stickers for me, and I could have done without all the “Bill Due” stickers).
There are pages for everything, and these are just a few of them.

Did I mention I love coloring? This planner even has 15 pages to color; of course, I couldn’t wait. These are two pages I’ve done so far (and I’ve started others). I find coloring to be a great stress reliever.
In addition to the pages I pictured, I like the following:
  • Reference section
  • Graph paper
  • Pocket on the inside back cover
  • Instagram “challenges”
  • Facebook page
I hope I have given you a good idea about what the Quilter’s Planner is all about and why I like it. Maybe you will want to go ahead and get one or check it out next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I will try one next year. Hopefully money won't be so tight. At least there won't be school tuition! It does have some interesting pages, and certainly lots of them. I like the spiral, too. I probably wouldn't use most of the stickers. I might use the graph paper. I have a notebook just of graph paper anyway. I'll give it some more thought. Thanks for giving a little overview of it.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This reminds me of one of the bullet journals that people make for themselves. This should keep you focused.

Ronda K. said...

Thank you, Beth!!!!! It really does look awesome!!!