Saturday, August 13, 2016

Retreat with Friends

I just got home from a retreat with some friends. We had four days of uninterrupted time to work on our various projects. I spent time on my 365 Challenge. Since I have been gone so much lately, I haven't had time to keep up with that block a day stuff. (As a matter of fact, I have only been caught up one time since the challenge started!) I got 27 more blocks completed during this retreat.

The light blocks measure 6" finished. The top left light block contains 109 pieces! The dark blocks finish at 3". If you zoom in, you can see that they also contain lots of pieces for such small blocks.

I finished a charity quilt top (above); I LOVE the bright colors. I also got another 12 blocks made for my next charity quilt.

Lora Nale (who owns the retreat center) showed us a couple of her quilts. This is her "Farm Girl" quilt from the "Farm Girl Vintage" book by Lori Holt. This exact quilt isn't in there; she designed her own version adding some blocks that were not in the book.

This is her Jacqueline de Jong quilt. Jacqueline comes and teaches at Lora's place and will be back in 2017.

She also showed us two Judy Niemeyer quilts pieced by Rosie Lysinger. Laura quilted each of them.

Robin finished up "tons" of UFOs--table toppers, small quilts, and table runners.

Debbie and Jane made quilts with similar colors.

Jane finished a table runner and got a wall hanging pieced.

Vicky finished a t-shirt quilt, a pieced quilt top, and a wall hanging.

Neva worked on a baby/toddler quilt and a jacket.

I don't have pictures of Janet's work, but she made GREAT progress on a BIG quilt. I think she got all her blocks made and started putting the rows together.

The retreat was great fun, and I'm SO happy I had a chance to work on my blocks. (I'm STILL behind, though.) I have two days to regroup and head to another retreat. I'm a lucky gal!

 

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am always amazed at how beautiful each quilt is in it's own way. I was just thinking to myself how many pieces those small squares have and then you mentioned it. You must have the patience of a saint is all I can say. Love the fall colors of the two quilts with the same colors. Can't wait to see what the next retreat shows. Have fun lucky lady.

Robbie said...

Love what you worked on as well as all the ladies! How great to see a show and tell and I didn't even leave the couch! HA
You need to take your hex quilt with you for the next retreat! I bet you would get it finished! HA Love that quilt!

dana said...

Wow! Looks like everyone got so much done. I would have liked to see Janets project to see how she has progressed as a quilt maker. No way would I ever attempt your little blocks. I would be pullimg my hair out!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? Another retreat? You really ARE the retreat queen. LOL I'm glad to see you got so much done, but I have to tell you I'd never make a six inch block with 109 pieces. That sounds more like torture than fun to me. LOL Your blocks look fabulous, though, 6 and 3 inch alike. I LOVE your finished charity top! That's going to brighten some child's life tremendously. Thanks for sharing everyone's work. I always love to see what people are doing!