Thursday, July 7, 2016

Tub Party at My House

You've never heard of a "tub party" you say. Well, I was with some of my friends and mentioned the fact that I had TUBS of scrap fabric that needed to be sorted and cut up and that I just never get it done. I asked if anyone else had the same problem, and (of course) they all did. I suggested we have a "Tub Party" at my house where everyone would bring their tubs of fabric to "tame."

We started at 10 am and didn't stop working till around 7 pm. At one point, I looked around my house and couldn't believe all the fabric we had in a small space. (We could have started a fabric store!) Here is what it looked like at my house before the tub party.

Here are pictures during the party.

Everyone got lots done, we had a great time, and we definitely will do it again. What does your stash look like? Do you need to have a "Tub Party?"

5 comments:

Kathleen Loomis said...

Hey, I want to see the tubs after everybody got things cut and organized!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I don't even quilt and I have a stash of fabric. Not enough to worry about taming. I can overlook something like that for a long time. I can see how it would be fun to get together to do a chore that you avoid most of the time. Misery loves company ;)

Robbie said...

Actually, this wore me out just looking at your pictures!!! What a great idea!

dana said...

What a great idea! Hope it was a great success. Time now to sew, sew, sew!

Anonymous said...

That is a fabulous idea! I don't know anyone here who has that kind of fabric ... just me! Most of my friends do, and some have way more than I do, but we don't all live in one place. However, it gives me an idea for a swap!