Thursday, August 6, 2015

Spike is in a Magazine AND at a Quilt Show--WOOHOO!

I'm really excited to tell you that I finally have a piece in Quilting Arts Magazine. The current issue has a full shot and detail shot of Brain Freeze (a.k.a. Spike). Jane Dunnewold writes an article for each issue. Her article this month is about alignment. She asked me if she could use Spike to illustrate her point. I couldn't say "yes" fast enough! Check out Jane's article on pages 21-24. Spike is on page 22, and I even get a mention on pages 23 and 24! If you need a refresher as to what Spike looks like, you can see a picture of Spike along with info about the piece in the Gallery section of this blog. Check the menu at the top of this page.

You can see Spike (in person) along with lots of other great quilts at the Patoka Valley Quilt Show currently being held at the Krempp Gallery in Jasper, Indiana. There are lots of tradtional quilts and some art quilts too. The show runs from now till August 30, 2015. You can get more information about Krempp Gallery here.

What am I working on? Well...I'm busy making more LITTLE hexagons for my BIG hexagon project.

I'm also working up some designs for hand-stitched pins. I'll be working on those as soon as I get a chance. What are you up to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun - congratulations on the magazine and the Krempp Gallery! Such cute tiny hexagons. I didn't realize that piece was made with such tiny pieces.