Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Another Retreat--August 2015 (Part 2)

This is a continuation of the previous post. I couldn't fit everything everyone got finished at the retreat into one blog post--it just got too long--so here is "the rest of the story."

As I told you in the last post, Donna gets more accomplished in a short time than anyone I know. Here are the other projects she completed at the retreat. She used embroidery sets from Designs by JuJu for the next two quilts. For this one she used a jelly roll with the embroidered blocks.

Here is a closeup of the redwork machine embroidery.
This next machine embroidered quilt uses a "teen" theme and also uses jellyroll strips.

This is another charm-pack quilt.

Debbie made a quilt top using a kit from Craftsy called the Legacy Carriage Quilt.

She also finished eighty blocks for a River Log Cabin Quilt from the Missouri Star Mod Block Magazine--Volume 1, Issue 1. Here is one of the blocks. I love how the arrangement of the pieces makes it look like a round design.

Vicky made a Five and Dime Quilt using the Union Blues fabric line. This quilt top took one layer cake and one charm pack. It is made using raw-edge applique.

This is a closeup of the raw-edge block.

Jane quilted a Disappearing 9-Patch table runner and worked on other quilting projects and blocks.

She also worked on the quilting for a 42-Yard Dash quilt by Country Threads.

She finished a modified version of a Bricks & Stones Quilt. The original Bricks & Stones Quilt was designed by Bonnie Hunter. You can find that here.

Neva got several Christmas gifts made. (She's WAY ahead of me!) She made notebook covers.

She also made lots of "biscuit covers"--you know, those cloths you put into a basket to keep bread warm at dinner time. She explained that having the corners cut out keeps the cloths from bunching up when you cover your bread; each one is double sided.

It is wonderful to have good friends who share a love of quilting. I'm thankful for the time I can spend with them. I hope you are blessed with great friends.

 

 

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

These are all good projects. I am glad you showed the exposed edge applique technique. That sounded interesting to me. I love the biscuit covers too.

Robbie said...

These are all great but my favorite(s) are River Log Cabin Quilt and Dash quilt...really nice work!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful variety of quilting projects. Thank you for sharing them. Several of them inspire me toward something, I'm just not sure what yet.