Friday, June 19, 2015

Thread Catchers

I had made a "thread catcher" for my travel hexagon bag. I had to make it smaller than the original I had seen, so it wouldn't take up too much room in my bag. This is a picture of my travel hexi bag with a little hexagon pin cushion attached with a snap. My sewing kit is in the front (made from an Altoid tin), and the mini-thread catcher I made is on the right.

In this next picture, you can see how the thread catcher collapses to make it smaller and easier to store and to keep the threads contained.

At my last retreat, I showed it to Lora, and she wanted to make one. She gathered enough materials for everyone at the retreat, so almost everyone decided made one. We made the "normal" size. If you are interested in making one, I found the "pattern" on a YouTube video here.

These are the thread catchers we made at the retreat. I think they are quite colorful!

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a hoot. You not only sew a lot but you are neat. When I sew it is a BIG mess. I can see how one of these would be of use. It would take me a week and and month to make one. I watched the video. Makes perfect sense. I like all the colors and different types of material of these thread catchers.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that link. I had seen this on someone else's blog, thought they were wonderful, but no link. Love your whole traveling kit.

dana said...

You are so organized! My stuff is strewn everywhere til I can hardly find what I need when I need it. Love your whole ensemble.

Robbie said...

The thread catchers are adorable! I just leave threads all over so Kalee (my dog!) can pick them up on her fur!! She's my thread catcher! How about your hex case to hold all this?? That is adorable too!!! I'll have to check out the youtube!! THANKS!!!!

Robin said...

Love it. Beth you a awesome and thanks for sharing so we could all make them at our fun retreat. Live spending time with you. :)