Tuesday, December 10, 2013

New Thread!

I mentioned in my last post that I had ordered some hand-quilting thread. I don't think I mentioned that I ordered it from Superior Threads. My hope is that the green will match the green on my latest art quilt, but (of course) I ordered more than just the green thread. I decided since I was going to have to pay shipping anyway, I would order a "Treasure Try Me Special." This special consists of five 300-yard spools of the Treasure hand quilting thread for $5 per spool. I also ordered the TREASURE Color Card for future reference.

I was VERY pleased with the variegated colors; they are REALLY beautiful. I have never hand-quilted with variegated thread, so I'm not sure if it is what I need for my art quilt. I'll let you know how it turns out when I have a chance to do some quilting. I'll also write a little review of this thread. Personally, I like an all-cotton, waxed, hand-quilting thread. I like the way it glides through the fabric with little tangling. Check back to see if this thread fits the bill.

2 comments:

Laura McGrath said...

I've never tried their threads, but have heard good things about it.

Anonymous said...

I've liked all the Superior threads I've tried. Good luck!