Friday, December 6, 2013

Guild Show & Tell Continued

I said in my last post that I'd post the rest of the pictures the next day...okay, I didn't get this post up the next day, but better late than never! The following pictures are of quilts made by members of the Patoka Valley Quilt Guild in southern Indiana. If I know the name of the maker, I'll post it.

I know it is hard to tell (maybe because the logs are VERY small), but this quilt is a log cabin quilt. This quilt was made by Mary Alice Zink, who is a master of log cabin quilts. Zoom in on this one.

I didn't get the name of the maker of the following quilts--my apologies to the quiltmakers.

I am not a big fan of sampler quilts in general. I think it is because a lot of the time, the blocks are just set next to each other or have a plain sashing in between them--I guess I find them boring. This quilt, however, is an interesting setting for sampler blocks; I'm a big fan of this setting.

This quilt reminds me of the quilts my grandmother made. Grandma Helen hand pieced and hand appliqued many a quilt in her day. I hardly ever saw her without some handwork.

Kathy Weyer made this quick quilt using a jelly roll. She showed three of these, but this one was my favorite.

Mary Lou Luebbehusen made this quilt. I love the bright colors and the movement in this one.

This next quilt belongs to Mary Lou's son Shane. He was the lucky winner of this quilt a few years ago. It was made by the Patoka Valley Quilt Guild and was the raffle quilt that year. The applique is done by hand.

This is an original design by Marge Hevron. She quilted this one on her domestic machine.

Geri Lueken paper pieced this log cabin star. The intricate piecing on this one is stunning.

Donna Vieke showed this quilt top. Those of you that know me know that I'm a big fan of red, orange, and yellow. I am really drawn to those "fire" colors--maybe because I'm a Leo. Anyway, I guess you can figure out why I really like this quilt!

This next quilt top was made by Vicky Bogan. She said this isn't her usual style, but she enjoyed making it anyway.

All in all, we had a really good Show & Tell program. There was a wide variety of quilts, tops, wall hangings, placemats, table runners, etc.

No comments: