Monday, November 18, 2013

I Wish I Had Known

I have to apologize about not being very good about posting lately. My husband has retired and has wanted to do a lot of traveling. We have also have been blessed with a new granddaughter. She lives ten hours from us, so we have spent a lot of time driving back and forth to visit with her. Of course, I have to share a picture of her with you.

This is June Beth. She is almost four months old. I LOVE being a "Mimi!"

Since we are on the road a lot, I have to have a project I can take with me. This hexie project is perfect, but it is REALLY slow going. As an FYI--I'm using the English paper piecing method of hand piecing half-inch hexies together to make my design.

Has you ever worked on one of those projects that you think will never get finished--the on-going, FOREVER project? I am working on one of those. I figure, when I die, that my family will find this partially finished project (along with a lot of others) and utter that famous line, "What was she thinking?"

You have seen this project before, because I have been working on it since last Christmas. I have made some progress and have changed the way I'm working. I even have a few hints for you if you decide to work on a hexie quilt.

Here is a picture of the front of the quilt BEFORE I switched my method of stitching. I REALLY don't like this look.

Here is a picture of the front of the quilt AFTER I switched my method of stitching.

If you would like to find out what I changed, check out my next blog post.

 

1 comment:

Laura McGrath said...

Beautiful granddaughter, Beth!