Thursday, May 2, 2013

Update--Goals

I have been encouraged to set some goals for myself concerning my fiber art. One of those goals is to enter my work in some exhibitions with the hope of getting some of the pieces juried into some shows. I'm happy to say I am actively working on this goal.

Currently, I have a piece ("Zen"--you can see it in my Gallery Page on the menu at the top of this post) in the Black and White Expo, an on-line exhibition in the Infinity Art Gallery. All mediums and styles were eligible for this exhibit. The juror of the exhibition was Susan Lowdermilk, Book Artist and Printmaker. The exhibition is on line now through June 13, 2013, at http://www.infinityartgallery.com/black-and-white-2013/gallery/.

"Prayer at Sunset" (also on my Gallery Page) has been juried into 7-Stitch: Contemporary Textile Art from Kentucky & the Surrounding States, hosted at the Claypool-Young Art Gallery at Morehead State University, June 1-August 30, 2013. Jane Dunnewold was the juror for this exhibition.

It isn't an easy thing--to put one's "babies" up for scrutiny and possible rejection. I try to reconcile myself to the fact that not everyone will like my work. When a piece doesn't get into an exhibition, I hope that it is just because that particular piece didn't "play well" with the other pieces. Does it ever get easier?

1 comment:

Kit Lang said...

Congrats on your acceptances!