Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Patoka Valley Quilt Guild Winter Retreat 2013

Each year, the Patoka Valley Quilt Guild has a Winter Retreat at Spring Mill. This year we had a great crowd.

The room setup was fabulous. We each had our own big table. There were extra tables for cutting and ironing. (Two people even brought their Big Boards for others to use.) We also had a snack table with all kinds of homemade and purchased goodies to share. Here are a few pics of our workspaces. (Some are neater than others!)
There were machines of every type--see the little Featherweight at the back left of this picture?

Most quilters are VERY prepared for a retreat--notice the trash bags taped to the tables, lights, Kleenex boxes, personal irons, tilt machine tables, and (of course) cell phones.

You can see my latest black and white project in this picture at the bottom left. I had just started the hand beading which ended up taking a full three days!

Lots of beautiful work was done. I took pictures of a SMALL sampling. Check these out...
Robin Walston made a scrappy quilt. (I don't think she made a dent in her stash, though!)
Sandy Russell made a quilt with colors I LOVE!
Sherri Hilgeman made a colorful quilt with batiks. (Sorry it is a little blurry.)

Some people pinned their projects to a back wall. I got some pics, but I'm not sure who made each one. (If I give the wrong person credit or miss someone, I apologize.)


I DO know that Marge Hevron did this one. She said her kids told her she needed to make more "modern" quilts. They should be pleased with this one.

Jane Heichelbech made this "jelly roll" quilt top. She said she wanted to see how it would look if she cut the strip ends on the diagonal.

The quilt top on the left also belongs to Jane Heichelbech; the one on the right belongs to Jane Horney.
Donna Vieke made this quilt (on the left). It is a finished quilt made using a Quilt-As-You-Go method to finish it. Robin Walston has a table runner on the right.

I'm not sure who made the little quilt top in front or the swirl table runner on the left, but the quilt top on the right was made by Darlene McNelis.
 
I wish I had taken more pictures, but I got caught up in just gawking at all the quilty goodness at the retreat.

No comments: