Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I Am SO Over Summer and a Bit of Progress

This is my dogwood tree.
This is just ONE of my dead shrubs.
 
With temperatures in southern Indiana in the triple digits, I don't have much hope for the rest of my landscaping either. The corn crops have all but dried up completely, everyone has brown grass, there is a burn ban, and we are all trying to conserve as much water as possible. My daughter kept my poor potted plants alive while I was on vacation, but some are now (literally) "biting the dust." They just can't survive being baked for days on end. I'm trying to keep the birds fed and watered, but the water heats up VERY quickly. I need to change it several times a day to keep it cool enough for them to drink and bathe. The drought here is VERY serious.

Needless to say, we are all spending lots of time indoors. That gives me some time to work on hand quilting my current piece of work.

 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I feel your pain, that's how EVERY summer is here in NC. I hate to see plants/trees/shrubs dying a slow death.

Love your piece, it looks wonderful! You have so much patience doing all that hand-quilting!