Thursday, September 29, 2011

Even the Entrace to the Chihuly Exhibit Was Spectacular

I realize my posts on Chihuly have nothing to do with fiber art, but... I have been so inspired by his work that I may have to incorporate some of the colors, shapes, shadows into my work. How about you?

Everything about Chihuly's "Through the Looking Glass" exhibit at the Boston Museum of Fine Art was top notch--even the entrance. Outside, tall spikes of orange/yellow glass among the grass indicated great things to come.
The first glimpse of the actual exhibit was this wall.
The people in the picture give you an idea of how large the pieces actually are. Here are a few closer pictures of the pieces mounted on the wall. The shadows cast beautiful images.



There were also pieces on the floor.


I love these "hot" colors. If you ever get a chance to check out a Chihuly exhibit, by all means do so!

2 comments:

k.somerville said...

that exhibit just looks amazing.

Karen S said...

I love Chihuly's art -- there is a really large installation at the Kohl Center in Madison, WI. Next time I'm at a hockey game, I'll try to remember to take my camera and get some shots of it. Your photos are wonderful.