Thursday, April 14, 2011

It Really Is Spring--Look What I Found

It has started again! The robins have build nests around my house again this year. I was blessed last year with four nests right around my house. I got to see the nest building, beautiful blue eggs, baby robins, and young birds leaving the nest. I truly felt it was a blessing to get to see this "circle of life." Look what I found earlier this week (on the ledge of my bedroom window)...
There were no eggs yet. I have checked the nest each morning to see if any eggs had appeared...none. I checked this morning...no eggs. Then, I went to my bedroom to get dressed after eating breakfast and checked again. To my surprise, the mother robin was on the nest. I scared her, and she flew to a nearby tree. I figured I might see those beautiful blue eggs before too long...
 ...but to my surprise...look what I found... 
You think there will be more eggs to come or will this be an only child/bird?

2 comments:

Laura said...

When I was mowing my lawn last week, I saw a few blue cracked (and empty) half-egg shells on the ground under a couple of trees, so the baby robins have already hatched here. Don't you love spring?

k.somerville said...

oh i'm sooooo excited for you!