Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Let's Be Thankful

It always gets my creative juices flowing when I look at interesting pictures. I use them as inspiration (or a starting point) for some of my pieces. Thanksgiving brought to mind all the things I have for which to be thankful. One is the beauty I see every day. Here are some pictures I took for "inspiration." Maybe some of them will inspire you too. At the end, I also have some pictures of my tables all decked out with some of my quilts for Thanksgiving and a picture of Libby. (Libby was too cute not to include!)

 Dome at French Lick.
Stone wall at St. Meinrad 
 Steps at St. Meinrad.
 Moss on a tree.
 My porch table all decked out with a fall quilt. This pattern is from Country Threads. (It is an old pattern. I don't know if it is still available.) That is my "Fall Tree" in the background--actually, it is three small trees. I have little wooden bird houses and pumpkin ornaments on it right now.
Homespun table runner on my dining room table.
I guess Libby wanted to be as close to me as she could be while I was writing this post. (This box is on my computer desk right next to me.) She sure is a special kitty; she has seemed to know that I needed some tender loving care these last few months.

3 comments:

Quilt or Dye said...

Woooo Hoooo! The logo looks great on your blog! I guess you figured it out.

Quilter Beth said...

Yes, I was just getting ready to send you an email to let you know I finally put it on the blog. I think it really looks nice against the black background;it really stands out. Thanks for your help.

k.somerville said...

I know those steps at St. Meinreid too well!...but it's beautiful there. My Catholic grade school and high school took annual field trips there. I remember being about 8 and looking up the stairs. They look nice on your blog Beth.