Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Machine Applique Class--Great Students!

I was a high school teacher for 28 years; I retired 3 years ago. Every time I teach a quilting class I remember why I loved teaching so much (and that I miss the teaching part--NOT the grading part). I had a machine applique class tonight at my house. The students worked on a pattern I came up with. It is really fun to see the different fabrics students choose for their pieces; even thought the pattern is the same, each piece is unique.

 Hopefully, they had as much fun as I did (and learned something too). If you'd like to see a close-up picture of the finished project they worked on, you can do that here http://quilterbeth.blogspot.com/2009/05/messy-house-and-paducah-quilts.html.

Here is a photo of the students and their works in progress. (Remember, you can click on the photo to get a better look at them and their work!)
Vicky, Geri, and Debbie were great students! 

No comments: