Friday, April 9, 2010

Heading to Fort Smith, AR...Still in Search of Fiber Art--Lost IPod

I'm heading to visit my son in Fort Smith, AR, today. I would LOVE to find some fiber art exhibits to view or a good quilt shop (well, any quilt shop for that matter) while there; however, I'm thinking my chances of finding something like that are not great. If any of you know of anything I should check out while there, please send me an email at bschnellenberger@gmail.com. There is one shop there that I haven't had a chance to check out. I'm hoping it is a quilt shop, but I'm not sure. If I find anything interesting, I'll post it.

I'm still working on finishing the hand applique on my "Coloured Oak" art quilt. I'm almost finished. I'm going to have to go thread shopping, because I don't have thread to match a couple of the colors. I'm also working on some "faces" for another quilt I have in mind. If I get any of them finished while I'm on the road, I'll take a pic and post it too.

Oh...here's a little story to let you know there are still honest people in this world. Last night Nate and I stayed in a hotel in St. Charles, MO. I left my IPod and accessories in the room. I didn't discover that I had left them till this morning. I called the hotel, and they said they'd check. I never really expected to see them again; however, they called me back and said they had them! How lucky can I get! They had gotten shoved to the back of the room safe. I didn't see them when I removed the other items from the safe. Now, that restores my faith in people acting honorably (at least for today).

No comments: