Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"It Really is Spring!" and Machine Applique Class

If a robin is the sign of Spring....Spring it is! Look what I found outside my bedroom window earlier this week.
Then I checked today, and look what I found!!!! I'm SO excited!
That mother bird has been VERY busy! I just about had to stand on my head to get this picture.

I taught my second machine applique class today at the home of one of my fellow quilters (from my quilt guild). Those of you that have followed the saga of my studio know how much I love it; but I must say...I have studio envy! Ann's studio is spectacular. I took pictures during the class; check out the studio as you look at the pictures of the students at work.
Ann graciously allowed us to have the class at her house (in her gorgeous, spacious, sun-drenched studio). She and Joyce are busy working on their projects...or are they talking? LOL
Marge is busing fusing her pieces to her fabric. Check out the quilting machine and wall of cabinets in the background.
Sharon is busy cutting out her pieces. In the background you can see huge windows. The room is surrounded on 2 1/2 sides by windows that look out on a beautiful view. Of course, it didn't hurt any that it was a gorgeous day.
Barb and Mary Alice look very determined don't they? Check out the great (huge) work table.
I had to stand WAY back in a corner of the room to get a picture of the full work table. That "baby" is HUGE! Check out all the storage underneath.
This is everybody...Nancy (in the black) had taken the class before and worked on a project from my intermediate machine applique class. Somehow, she managed to stay out of the other pictures I took. Aren't their pieces pretty? They have to add their borders yet. Maybe they'll let me take another picture when they finish their quilts.

If you are located in southern Indiana and are interested in a machine applique class, I'm available. Check my profile for contact information.

No comments: