Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Winning "Visual Texture" Composition is Chosen

As a reminder to those of you that don’t normally keep up with my blog (if you do, skip to the next paragraph), I have started a project that I’m calling the Beth/Lyric Project. In the spirit of the movie “Julie/Julia,” (i.e. Julie working through Julia Child’s cookbook) I have decided to work through the exercises in Lyric Kinard’s “Art + Quilt, Design Principles and Creativity Exercises” book. My goal is to get at least one of the exercises done each week. I’ll be posting my progress on Sundays. I’d love for you to work along with me. If you decide to do that, please post and let me know how you’re doing—send pictures too! If you have trouble leaving a comment on my blog, email me at bschnellenberger@gmail.com.

The composition that received the most votes in the "Visual Texture" exercise was Composition 1. The rest of the votes were pretty evenly distributed, but "poor" Composition 2 was the big loser! I loved reading the comments both in the comment section and via direct email. I learn something from every single comment; keep them coming! In case you haven't been following along and wonder what in the world I'm talking about, check out this blog post--
http://quilterbeth.blogspot.com/2010/02/art-quilt-bethlyric-project.html.

Here is Composition 1 in case you forgot what it looked like. I'll be heading to a LAFTA (Louisville Area Fiber and Textile Artists) meeting tomorrow, and then it is on to our guild retreat at Spring Mill afterwards. I'm hoping to get lots of piecing done during the retreat. I am in the process of packing several small Lori Smith projects, one of my Beth/Lyric Project pieces, and some pieces for a table topper I'm working on for my daughter. I'll throw in some handwork just in case I get tired of machine stitching. I'll try to get some pictures taken at the retreat and have them posted soon after I return home.

Be sure to visit again on Sunday to check out the new post for the Beth/Lyric Project and to see some retreat pictures (if I have time to get them up).

Have a creative week!

No comments: