Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pictures of Mom and Her New Quilt

For those of you that follow my blog, you'll remember me "talking" about my Mom who was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's and went to a nursing home right before Christmas 2009. You've seen the quilt and pillow sham I made for her room. Now, here are the pictures of my mom with her new quilt. I took it up to her when I visited this week. She showed it off to her friends in "the big room," which is where this picture was taken. Then, we went to put it on her bed. She has trouble expressing herself these days; but by the look on her face, I'd say she was happy with it. I think it looks nice on her bed. I told her to think about how much I love her every time she wraps up in it. She smiled and gave me a kiss.
The design is called "In and Out" by Blue Underground Studios.

2 comments:

Becky Klem said...

Beth, the artistic expression in your mastery of hand quilting created a beautiful gift for your mother. To be blanketed with your love, your mother knows how fortunate she is to be blessed with her daughter, Quilter Beth.

Quilter Beth said...

Thanks so much Becky. I wish I had actually had time to "hand" quilt the quilt, but it is machine quilted. I wanted Mom to get it as soon as possible so her room would "be her own."