Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Retreat Show & Tell and a Short Quilting Studio Update

Show and Tell was a big hit at the retreat last weekend. I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the projects the ladies were working on. I wasn't quick enough with my camera, so I didn't get a picture of everything. I also didn't think ahead enough to get everyone's name or the name of their project; I apologize. I'll try to do better next time. I would like to share the pictures I did get, though. There were quilted projects of every size and kind.

These first quilts are called Hawaiian Star quilts. They were made after taking a class taught by Lora Nale. Each quilt was made with the same pattern, but the colors and color placement made each quilt look unique.

This quilt was made by a purple lover (or for a purple lover).Diana Dearing showed this black, white, and red quilt.This quilt was made from scraps from some of the "ugly" fabric included in grab bags at the retreat last year. It was made by Mary Jane Parvey.This quilt was made by Diana Prechtel. It is totally hand quilted.This is a Dear Jane quilt. What an accomplishment!This is a bit of an English Paper piecing project.This is a Valentine's Day quilt.It was lots of fun to see what everyone was working on. Show and Tell is always a big highlight of the retreat.

Now...an update on my quilting studio. The flooring people came yesterday and are working again today. The flooring is going down! I'm hoping it won't be too long until the rest of the work is finished; however, my son-in-law who is doing the work has been called back to work full time. Finishing may be slow going.

No comments: