Friday, September 4, 2009

In Florida

I'm sitting at a table facing the ocean at Miramar Beach, Florida. I'm using my husband's laptop (which I'm not used to). I just thought I ought to make a quick blog update.

I have been spending most of my time sitting outside on the deck watching and listening to the ocean. It is such a peaceful, beautiful place here. I'm getting some reading done--These is My Words by Nancy Turner. I am just loving this book. It is about a girl/woman from the mid-1800's and her daily joys and struggles in the Arizona territory. It sure makes me appreciate the modern conveniences I have, but at the same time makes me curious about what it would be like to live a simpler more independent life. It's a good one.

I also have spent a little time working on my LAFTA project. I have most of the quilting done. I may finish that tonight. I'll steam it when I get home and get it wrapped around my canvas. I will have to search for my staple gun to do that. With the remodeling going on, it is hard telling where that is! I'll post a picture (and explanation) when I get it finished. I'm hoping the picture will be good enough to show the quilting on the piece; otherwise, it will look really plain.

My son-in-law is busy working on the quilting studio while I'm gone. I'm anxious to see what he has done. I'm sure I will need to be painting some trim when I get back!

No comments: