Sunday, September 20, 2009

Art for the Studio

I guess I'm really excited about "seeing the light at the end of the tunnel" in my quilting studio, because I worked all afternoon on a full-sized drawing of the art quilt I want to make for it. I LOVE Kandinsky, and it seems I always go back to him when I want to make art for my space. I drew on some Kandinsy pieces and on the art of Frank Lloyd Wright for this drawing. It will take me some time to gather the fabric to make it. My collection of solids is not very big, and this quilt will be made of all solids. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get busy and do some dyeing. Anyway, here is the rough drawing. It will be hung on a navy wall. In the drawing, the background is white, but the background in the quilt will be a very light blue. What do you think?

No comments: