Friday, June 26, 2009

Finishing the "Jewels of Summer" Southern Indiana Shop Hop

My intention was to take a picture at each quilt shop on the shop hop, but...I must admit I got distracted! Once the shopping started, picture taking was not my first priority. I got pictures of SOME of the shops.

We started out early this morning--my friends from Lynnville, IN, were at my house by 6:30 a.m. their time. (I call that zero dark thirty!) Our first stop of the morning was Craft Town in Salem, IN. I'm sorry to say I didn't get a picture of this shop. I think we all found items to purchase there. (I have pictures of my purchases at the end of this blog. I succeeded in doing my best to support these quilt shops in this "bad" economy and managed to buy something at each shop.)

...on to Margie's Country Store and L & L Yard Goods in Madison, IN. (I just love Madison. It is such a scenic little town with great shops. I want to go back just to spend a day browsing all the unique stores.) Margie greeted us and showed us their version of the Shop Hop quilt. The shop is small, but it is packed with lots of nice samples and products.

Here is the Shop Hop quilt for Margie's Country Store (along with some Shop Hoppers).This is a picture of Margie's shop.I bought my Kaffe Fassett fabric here. This fabric has a lot of the colors I used to decorate my house. I thought it would give me some ideas about accent colors I could use. If you look closely at this next picture (I think if you click on the picture you can get a close up.), I'll bet it will make you laugh! This is what greeted us just across the street from L & L Yard Goods. I'll bet the girls at L & L didn't know just how colorful their neighbor's laundry was today. Here is a picture of one room in the shop.Next, we visited Sharynn's Quilt Box in North Vernon, IN. I found a pattern here to use for our guild's Comfort for Kids quilts. I didn't get a picture of the shop, though. We did stop shopping long enough to get a bite to eat at the Subway there.

The Quilting Bee in Edwardsville, IN, was our next stop. I found some more fabric for my living room wall hanging here. I think I might have purchased a book too! This is the Quilting Bee...
Our last stop was The HollyHock Quilt Shop in Corydon--what a nice little shop. They had great refreshments--home-made goodies! They had some patterns I had never seen. I managed to buy a few things here, and I found a "jewel." That meant that I got to pick a free fat quarter of my choice! That was fun. We finished the day at Magdalena's restaurant. We needed the break!
We managed to make one more stop before we headed home--the Birdseye Dairy Barn. Some of the girls had not experienced an ice cream cone from there. You really have to see them to believe them. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Now, here are my purchases--something from every shop...
All in all, it was a very good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a very good job with showing what a good time we all had. I'm sure your viewers will be envious of our adventures! Keep up the good work with your blog. I love reading it. Dana