Thursday, June 18, 2009

Finally Home--Porch Decorations

I apologize for not updating my blog more often in the last few days. We have had two funerals within a week--one in Springfield, IL and the other in Utica, KY. I was in Tennessee when I learned of the first death. I had just gotten to Fairfield Glades (after having been in the car for about six hours). We stayed one day and drove back home (another six hours on the road). The next day I headed to Springfield (another 5+ hours in the car). The day after that, I drove back home (another 5+ hours in the car). I had a day off and then had to make the trip to Utica. At least that wasn't quite as far--about an hour and a half in the car each way. I sure have done a lot of traveling (and no quilting) in a short time.

I'm home for a little bit now. I will be "doing" the Southern Indiana 4th Annual "Jewels of Summer 2009" Shop Hop with some friends next week. We are hoping to hit all of the shops sometime during the week. Now that should be fun. I will try to take pictures and report back.
I would like to share my front porch pictures with you. (I'm just so proud of myself that I actually did something with it this year!) I usually don't have anything on my front porch (primarily because I'm seldom home), but this year I have been home a bit more and am having an easier time taking care of the flowers. I also have "decorated" with a few of my quilts--just so passersby will know I'm a quilter. I'm really happy with how it looks. If you look closely, you can see me (taking the picture) in the window!
Our porch is very narrow, though, so it has always been hard to decorate. I'm not sure if you can tell, but between the two chairs is a fountain. It is really nice to sit outside in the evening after it cools off. I'm not sure I'm going to sit out for the next couple of nights, though, the heat index is supposed to be 100-105 degrees!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The porch looks super! Real inviting place to spend a relaxing summer evening. Dana

Quilter Beth said...

Nate and I have spent several evenings enjoying the porch. Thanks Dana!