Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chicago Quilt Show--No Complaints!

Each year I go to the Chicago Show, and each year I'm amazed at the creativity displayed. I've got several pictures I'd like to share with you, so I'll be posting some over the next week or two. Check back to see them all! I like every type of quilt, so I have very contemporary quilt pictures and very traditional quilt pictures--all are beautiful. I'll try to post a combination each time I post. Enjoy!

"Perpetuo Mobile" was made by Rachel Covo from Israel. It is machine appliqued, machine pieced and quilted, and uses tie-dyed, discharge dyed, and hand-dyed fabrics. Rachel says she got her inspiration from a book called "Variations in Chenille" by Nanette Holberg. You might check that out if you like this quilt. I thought you might enjoy the closeup below.

The next quilt title is "Pieceful Nights" and was made by Christine Williams (Aurora, IL) and quilted by Julie Karlak on a longarm machine. Lori Smith's Pieceful Nights pattern was used to create this quilt. I just love the subtle colors. It is made with 1800s reproduction fabrics.
"Turn Left at the Gate/55 and Over" made by Mimi Wohlberg (Merrick, NY) is the next quilt. It is made using the raw-edge applique method. I really like the bright colors in this quilt. The inspiration for the quilt made me laugh; it was something about a retirement community that only allowed those 55 and over to live there. (The left corner is a bit obscured by the stand holding the quilt information.)
Posted by Picasa

"Snug as a Bug" was made by Carol Taylor from Beaumont, TX. She used flannels to make this beautiful quilt. It really looks cozy.


Stay tuned for more Chicago Quilt Show pictures to come.

1 comment:

Robinww said...

The Feed Blitz thing worked great. Your posts came up in my email when I check this a.m.