Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back from AR/April UFO Chosen

I just got back from Fort Smith, Arkansas, yesterday. Emily (my daughter), Cade (my 2 year old grandson), and I had to drive back on our own. (Nate was called back to Indianapolis for a meeting and had to fly back to Indy on Sunday.) Being in a car with a 2 year old for ten hours is a real interesting experience. All in all, he was REALLY good. He didn't spend a lot of time sleeping; I spent a lot of time singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and naming the color of every semi we passed.

The UFO due in April has been chosen. Mine is Number 5--Jan Patek's Four Season Quilt. It is wall hanging/table topper size. (See it in the blog Finally--UFO Challenge Choices
.) I have layered and pin basted it already. I think I may have some of the quilting done. I have a lot of running around to do in April--Indianapolis, Rosemont Quilt Show, Paducah Quilt Show, etc. Also, I'm having some work done on the house. We are having hardwood floors put down in the living room, dining room, kitchen, and hallway. I'm also having a wall taken out from between my living room and dining room. I think my house will be a mess for awhile. All of that might hinder my ability to work on my UFOs just a bit! I'm planning on taking the UFO with me everywhere I go--maybe I can steal a little time to do some handwork on it.

No comments: